The Applications are now open
Entry level Requirements
- Bachelor diploma in Electronic Engineering, telecommunication engineering, or applied physics with solid bases in signal processing, electromagnetism, telecommunications, embedded systems, analogue and digital electronics, propagation of electromagnetic waves and principle of photonics – [Final grade of the 3 years bachelor’s Programme. Applicants can convert their grade through the enic-naric recognition convention or Unesco]
- Previous professional (industrial internship, academic project, summer jobs) and/or research experience: the applicant has to justify a cumulative work experience of 6 weeks with a positive assessment;
- 3 reference letters from persons having reasonable knowledge of the candidate skills and potentials;
- Study curriculum – List of the 180 acquired ECTS;
- Marks of all university exams for the bachelor’s Programme;
- A motivation letter / cover letter;
- Publications (e.g. internship reports) relevant to the contents of the Master Programme;
- Foreign language skills. The required English level competence should satisfy a minimum overall score synthesized in the following table:
It is compulsory to provide an official English proficiency for students coming from countries where English is not an official language, and even if the last degree obtained has been issued in English.
List of supporting documents for application
No hard copies are required
All copies of degrees, transcripts, diplomas, certificates copies have to be Certified copies, provided in English.
If the original documents have not been issued in English, they have to be translated by a certified translator.
- letter of motivation in English – Writing a personal essay to demonstrate the applicant’s motivation and his/her ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Certified copies of High-School certificate (equivalent to A-Level, Baccalaureate, etc.);
- Certified copies of Undergraduate degree (eq. to Bachelor degree) or transcripts until the application date;
- Copy of passport or identity card proving nationality + proofs of residence of the last 5 years by the deadline of the student scholarship application,;
- test report or certificate of English language proficiency (Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – B1, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.5 pts or Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic));
- three reference letters, one of them from a non-academic referee attesting to basic competencies and practical experience,
- proofs of employment (work/employment certificate/ internships) of the last 5 years by the deadline of the student scholarship application.
Not mandatory :
- Copies of any other qualifications (grades, diplomas, certificates)
- courses or workshops (that are not a part of the standard degree programme);
- Participation in conferences and/or publication of papers/articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- relevant work experience.
Please refer to the Application guide to create your account and apply online. For further inducation and help, please contact:
In order to be eligible for admission, the applicant should have been gained within a Bachelor degree programme (180 ECTS at time of application) in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or Physics.
The EMIMEO Master consortium assesses all applications according to qualitative selection criteria : academic records, curriculum relevance with EMIMEO Master, institution reputation, motivation, reference letters, English level, prof./research experience.
If pre-selected, the student will be invited to an interview, (by phone or videoconf.) which will be held in English language.
For Programme and Partner country applicants, the official selection list will be known around April.
NB: If you have NOT been contacted by email at that date, this means you are NEITHER part of the Main nor Reserve List.
If you have not been selected for EMIMEO scholarship but your profile presents a high academic level, you are automatically considered for 2nd recruitement wave, i.e. application to join EMIMEO master with your own financial means.
However, you will be contacted per email in order to find out whether or not you accept to apply as self-funded student.